jdeveloper problem

From: TracyN <tnasset_at_questx.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:49:29 -0700

Hi all. I developed a test application using JDeveloper 3.2.3. I can run it against my local 8.1.7 database with no problem.

I added another connection to attempt to run it against a remote 9i database. When I test the connection within JDeveloper, it comes back as successful. I am also able to connect to the remote database through SQL*Plus and select from the tables (the Scott/tiger demo tables). When I attempt to run the application from JDeveloper using the remote connection I get 2 small error / Panic boxes displaying the following error:

JBO-27122: SQL error during statement preparation. Statement: SELECT Dept.DEPTNO, Dept.DNAME, Dept.LOC FROM DEPT dept

JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught:
java.lang.NullPointerException, msg=null

There is a separate firewall issue that we are looking at as well. The messages shown above occur when the firewall on the remote computer is disabled.

Any ideas? Both my local and the remote computers are running Windows 2000 Professional. I am using java v1.3.1.

Thanks for any help.

Tracy Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 00:49:29 CEST

Original text of this message