Connect to Oracle Database from Form Developer for Solaris under Chinese UI

From: YM Tan <tanym_at_time.net.my>
Date: 7 Oct 2001 05:34:36 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to develop multilingual applications under Sun Solaris platforms.

I have installed Form Developer 6i under Solaris 8 environment. When I set NLS_LANG=Simplified_Chinese_Chinese.ZHS, I can have the Form Developer 6i displayed everything in Simplified Chinese.

However, while trying to connect to our Oracle 8.1.7 which is running UTF8 NLS_LANG, it always gives ORA 12705 error for connection.

However, for Form Developer 6i installed under Windows 98SE Simplified Chinese environment, everything is fine and I chose ZHS16GBK language option during installation.

But when I set NLS_LANG to
NLS_LANG=Simplified_Chinese_Chinese.ZHS16GBK, Form6i does not even display single Chinese characters correctly.

I use ZH Simplified Chinese GBK option for my Sun Solaris 8 environment.

Can someone englight me on the issue?

Thanks in advance! Received on Sun Oct 07 2001 - 14:34:36 CEST

Original text of this message