Re: A Real Dynamic Problem For Real Dynamic Developers!!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 20:09:25 +0200

"Jaboos" <safena_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:220529d7.0110060700.41dde9a_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi All,
> I'm facing a real problem here, and I would be gratefull if someone
> can help me. The problem is as follows:
>
> 1. I'm having a database application consist of 180 (One Hundred
> Eighty) tables!
> 2. There is a column that exist on each one of those 180 tables. This
> column called 'User_Name'.
>
> My question is: How can I retreive the data from that column
> (User_Name) from all the 180 tables, using Reports or Forms (PL/SQL)?
> Or maybe using a single (sort of) query!
>
> NB: It's tedious to write the same sql query for each of the 180
> tables.
>
> The result might look like this:
>
> Table_Name User_Name
> ---------------------------------------- ----------------------
> Table_One User_One
> Table_Two User_Two
> Table_Three User_Three
> Table_Four User_Four
> etc.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jaboos

> NB: It's tedious to write the same sql query for each of the 180
> tables.

[Quoted] Yet that is one of the two solutions, the other one is writing an union query, uniting all the tables.
The copy and paste buttons will come in handy, and also editors like vi and emacs have adequate copy and paste facilities by using yank and the like. In the past this was about the only solution, and it didn't do any damage to anyone.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Oct 06 2001 - 20:09:25 CEST

Original text of this message