Re: How to connect to older repository

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 20:04:44 +0200

"Rhasta" <john_at_doe.com> wrote in message news:ukgurt0u8jq8196b7jp7vj6vije560eq6j_at_4ax.com...
> At school, they are using Designer 2000 and I cannot find it anywhere
> on Oracle site.
>
> Please, either tell me how to connect using Designer 6i or where
> Designer 2000 can still be downloaded.
>
> Thanks
> Justin

As was explained before to you, you can't connect Designer 6i to a Designer 2000 repository. I'm not sure why you don't want to believe this. You will inevitably draw a 'naught' on your second question, as Designer/2000 has been desupported quite a while ago, and Oracle usually withdraws those products from all their websites. I'm also a bit amazed about your question as your school should have the CD (or did they loose it?). Why don't you just borrow it from your school? Apart from that, they should upgrade.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracel DBA Received on Sat Oct 06 2001 - 20:04:44 CEST

Original text of this message