Service Designer Master Service Error: Failed to get the value for the object initArguments property

From: Christian Stelte <zlk_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 22:56:16 +0200

Hi!

I've tried the HelloAdpater Sample out of the 9iAS Wireless Developers Guide.
I copied the samplecode, out of the webside, into the jdeveloper and debug him (LineFeeds) until I got only error message for the Import-instructions. -> The Import-Files are on the server not on my client, I mention!?

Then I saved this file as HelloAdpater.class an zip it. After that I import the zip in a test-adapter and combine the adapter with a master-service. When I open the MasterService in the Service Designer an do a klick on the 'xyz Parameters' -tabs, I get the following error message:

Failed to get the value for the object initArguments property Please make sure that you are still connected to the repository (I'm still connected!)

And under Details:

oracle.panama.pasm.PASMException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
 java.rmi.RemoteException: Server Error; nested exception is:  oracle.panama.PanamaRuntimeException: HelloAdapter (Bad magic number)  at
oracle.panama.pasm.PAMasterServiceModel.getPropertyValue(PAMasterServiceMode l.java:162)
 at oracle (...)

This is my first java class. So what I do wrong? I think I've forgotten something.

I've experience in several other programing-languages, but I'm completely new to java, Service Designer, 9iAS and the Oracle charateristics

Thanks

Chris Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 22:56:16 CEST

Original text of this message