Re: How to supress an error in Oracle Stored Procedure

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:13:29 +0200

"SM" <mycomputer1_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:52a6e521.0110050824.6c8e566c_at_posting.google.com...
> My stored procedure creates an error. I want to suppress the error
> message. How can I do that. I am using Oracle 8.1.7.
>
> Thanks
> SM

This suppresses *all* exceptions (as you don't specify *which* error you want to ignore.
Exception when others then null
This is however generally speaking *extreemly bad* programming practice. To ignore a specific error
your_error exception;
pragma exception_init (your_error, -<error number>)

exception when your_error then null

This should be documented in the PL/SQL manual

Please also try to refrain as much as possible from excessive crossposting as you won't get a bigger audience. This topic belongs in .server only

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 19:13:29 CEST

Original text of this message