Designer and Headstart 6 to 6i upgrade

From: Xavier Neys <neysx_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:08:31 +0200

[Quoted] Dear reader,

One of my customer is using Developer 6i, Designer 6.0 and Headstart 6.0 He is considering upgrading to Designer 6i and possibly Headstart 6i

New features of Designer 6i are well documented on technet but what about Headstart 6i? What are the new features?
Is it worth it or can you keep on using Headstart 6 with Designer 6i? My customer was quoted roughly $2500 per upgrade. He is not ready to pay this amount of money without first knowing exactly what he'll get, obviously. From what I have read on technet, Headstart 6i is now part of a broader tool called iDevelopment Accelerators.

Yet, what does Headstart 6i offer that Headstart 6 does not? And do you HAVE to upgrade to Headstart 6i if you upgrade to Designer 6i?

Those are the main questions.
As a side issue, are they any special things to pay attention to when upgrading to Designer 6i from version 6?

All comments welcome,
Xavier Neys
x.neys_at_thedoc.nl

The DOC b.v.