Re: Java stored procedures. Are they slower than PL/SQL?

From: Ian Ledzion <ian.ledzion_at_lgxbow.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:18:51 +0200

The difference between Java and PL/SQL is that Java has to go through JDBC to access data tables, while PL/SQL goes straight to the SQL engine. I asked some people at Oracle about which language is best where, and the answer is that Java is better for computing-intensive procedures with few data accesses, while PL/SQL is better for procedures with heavy data access.