Package Trade-offs??

From: Mike Fotiou <mfotiou_at_magma.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 23:46:16 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Recently, our DBA recommended that we use packages as little as possible. Her primary concern was excessive memory usage because the entire package is loaded into memory the first time a call is made to one of its members.

From what I have read, subsequent memory executions will actually increase performance.

Does the memory overhead of packages prohibt their use in a multi-user environment? Is the solution as simple as ensuring that any packages created are kept as small as possible? What are the general guidelines, from Oracle and other users, for using packages. Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 01:46:16 CEST

Original text of this message