Re: Is it prossible to store a text wich different texttypes(such as bold, cursief etc.) in one field in a Oracle database using a editor in forms?

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 00:03:44 GMT

On 28 Sep 2001 00:45:09 -0700, menno_at_colijn-it.nl (menno) wrote:

>hello,
>
>my question:
>
>Is it prossible to store a text wich different texttypes(such as bold,
>cursief etc.) in one field in a Oracle database using a editor in
>forms?
>
>I want to use a field in my oracle database for storing peaces of
>writen text in the same layout as by example word, so if someone makes
>some text bold it must be stored as bold in my field.

You could create an OLE object in Forms, and store a Word document in it.

The appropriate underlying data type in the database depends on what version you're using: Long RAW was good in 7.3.4.

But, of course, there are then limits on what you can do with the "text", since Oracle no longer recognises it as text. Forget SUBSTR, querying, and in fact almost any other sort of manipulation. Received on Sun Sep 30 2001 - 02:03:44 CEST

Original text of this message