SP/SQL

From: <raceme75_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 00:19:22 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am new to programming and have been asked to write a program to produce keywords from several description fields in a database. The main requirement is speed! My question is weather PL/SQL is an appropriate language to do this type of manipulation. Or if it is better left to a higher language like Pro c. From what I have read this is not impossible to do in SP/SQL but my impression so far is the language was meant to handle more database report type programs.

The program would have to :

	 Read strings from a table
	Tokenize them
	Remove any duplicates
	Strip special characters
	Write them to a table with a unique identifier

Any opinions would be great

Thanks Kevin Received on Sat Sep 29 2001 - 02:19:22 CEST

Original text of this message