Is it possible for multiple programmers to work on the same form at the same time?

From: Scott Mattes <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 16:51:35 -0700

This applies to Forms version 6.0.8.12.1

We have a form with about 10 canvases on it and I was wondering if the work of developing this form could be split between two, or more, people (easily of course).

I tried just opening 2 forms that were copies of each other and copying via dragging and dropping a canvass from one to another. Was that ever a suprise (it looked as if the contents of the canvas were spread out over a much larger area, a much larger area).

I then tried viewing a canvas in the layout editor, selecting all the contents and then going to the other form and the same canvas and pasting. That looks OK, it even seems to copy the trigger code over, but I wonder if there is some hidden pitfall to this method.

Is there some way to have multiple programmers working on the same form at the same time and merging their work?

Thank you. Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 01:51:35 CEST

Original text of this message