problem with stored procedures...help wanted..

From: Juha Hirttiö <juha.hirttio_at_votek.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:34:57 +0300

Hi!

The problem:

    I have an application which offers and CORBA idl interface to access some data stored in oracle db. Behind idl, I have PL/SQL stored procedures with in and parameters. These procedures uses few cursors to make querys.
  When executing few queries (3) using a stored procedure everything goes fine, but when executing this procedure for the queries > 3 ORA-01001 occures, referring to cursor conflict. When executing queries through EMBEDDED SQL block everything works fine even after queries > 3 and even when ORA-01001 occures with this stored procedure. The test application uses same data on every query...

The environment:

    OS: HPUX11
    ORACLE vesion: 8.1.6
    ORB: Orbacus 3.3.4
    Database connection is threaded, so contexts are used.....     The connection is held open all the time....

And the question ( or requests for pointers ):

    What could cause this problem? When running this procedure on SQL/Plus it runs creat without this ORA-01001 symptom. Errors about exceeding number of active cursors hasn't occured, so I think they are closed properly.

Thanks,

    Juha Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 11:34:57 CEST

Original text of this message