Re: Oracle Personal Edition - need help (newbie)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 19:19:23 +0200

[Quoted] "sws" <webmaster_at_stevenspage.com> wrote in message news:YQ0r7.17221$w62.12232466_at_news1.denver1.co.home.com...

> Hello:
>
> I've recently downloaded both the Personal Edition of Oracle 8i and
> Enterprise Edition Rel 3 for Win2K. Both products give me the same
problem:
> I can't seem to connect to the database. Then it occurs to me (duh) - is
the
> database itself even included with these freeware products, or are we only
> getting the DBA Studio, SQL+ and other dev tools? I note that Oracle 9i
> database is listed by itself as a download at
> http://otn.oracle.com/products/. But no mention of an 8i standalone
> database.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Steven W. Sthole : mailto:stevensthole_at_yahoo.com

Also you should refrain from posting your questions multiple times individually to different groups.
If you really think you need the bigger audience (which you don't as most people replying monitor all three groups, and not seeing someone else's reply is a real nuisance, as I don't want to spend time on a question already responded too) you should crosspost. I strongly recommend you to refrain from crossposting also. .server is intended for the database
.tools for Designer and Developer
and .misc for everything else.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Sep 22 2001 - 19:19:23 CEST

Original text of this message