Re: SQL Loader.

From: Dale Edgar <dale_at_databee.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:37:37 GMT

Hi Kevin

Some ideas :-)

Can you connect the two Oracle Databases via a DBlink?. If this is possible you can avoid the entire problem of loading a file by pulling the data through a link. I have a script that will populate a table via a link and commit every so often so that you don't blow out on your rollback segments. If you wish to have it just email me.

Alternatively, if the extract is done by spooling SQL output to a disk you might investigate the use of the SQL*Plus "SET TRIMSPOOL" command.

Regards
Dale Edgar
Net 2000 Ltd.

DataBee - Oracle Database Subsets.