Re: Oracle connection with Crystal Reports

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:53:51 -0500

Do not use the Insert..Sql Expression for this..Oracle does not support a Case..When construct, but Crystal translates its own Case.. operator into sql that Oracle can use..So, use Crystal's Case operator ( see the help files for usage notes..'select fieldname case x:y default:z')

ManfredBoenigk_at_aol.com (Manfred Boenigk) wrote:

>But using the case operator (case ... when ...) in the formular editor
>(Insert -> Field Object -> Sql Expression Fields) I got an Ora - Error
>(00923). What I do wrong?
>Thanks for help again
>Manfred
>
>TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<0qsspt0us8eb2go59blj82mhaakhccuggf_at_4ax.com>...
>> Not directly, but can be coded in Crystal's formula editor using the case operator..see the Crystal docs for usage details..
>>
>> manfredboenigk_at_aol.com (ManfredBoenigk) wrote:
>>
>> >Hi all,
>> >
>> >can anyone tell me, whether the Oracle sqlplus - enhancements (like "decode")
>> >are available when accessing a oracle database native by crystal reports.
>> >
>> >Thanks for help
>> >Manfred

>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits!
>> -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==-----

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!  Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==----- Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 15:53:51 CEST

Original text of this message