oracle8i and firewall

From: Karol Gilarski <gilar_at_poczta.fm>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:35:52 +0200

I have an oracle 8i server in MTS mode.

Anyone knows how can I force the listener not to redirect the connection to the dispatcher but to hand the connection off?

[Quoted] I am asking because I have a server behind the firewall and I want to connect to it.

I read in the documentation that it is possible and I have encountered a server which allows connecting through the firewall (with a help of ssh tunnel). But I cann't gain access to its configurations and that's why I am posting this question.

Any help very appreciated.

--
KG