Re: init.ora with JDBC

From: David W. Forslund <dwforslund_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:04:32 -0600

No I don't want all my users to issue alter system commands. My jdbc client is not accessible by an external user. I simply want to configure Oracle for the particular database I'm using to
change the default properties (such as number of CURSORS and they way it handles CASE, but not have it affect all databases. Init.ora seems to contain some of these defaults and I want to modify them for just the one database I'm using at the moment, not for all databases.
I may not be an Oracle expert, but I'm not so dumb as to let users modify the database arbitrarily. I'm not sure how Oracle prevents this. I prevent this by not letting users even know the database exists.

Dave