Re: Deploying a java stored procedure using JDeveloper. How do I select the methods that will be a procedure?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:09:04 +0400

In general, only Java class methods that return Java scalar values or classes which are directly convertible to Oracle scalar data types and/or Oracle JDBC datatype classes can be used as stored procedures (functions). For example, java.lang.String is converted to VARCHAR2 type, thus public static String someMethod() may be used as stored function. Consult Oracle Java developer's guide for the list of all data types that may be passed as parameters to Java methods or returned from Java methods and for mappings from Java types and classes to Oracle datatypes.

--

Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com

Dynamic PSP(tm) - the first true RAD toolkit for Oracle-based internet applications. All opinions are mine and do not necessarily go in line with those of my employer.