calling a external Java method from PL/SQL

From: amobiuz <amobiuz_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2001 20:32:45 -0700

Situation:

[Quoted] I have a Java class file with a method that take a string and returns a string. This can _not_ be compiled into the database. I need to call its method from a PL/SQL stored procedure.

As far as I'm aware external methods must reside in a shared library (C .so file).

Question:

Can a .class file be "compiled" into a shared library that Oracle can call externally. If so how?
If not, can a C .so file be created to call the java method with then passes the value back to the external C method, in return to the PL/SQL procedure.

TIA Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 05:32:45 CEST

Original text of this message