Re: selecting a record based on row id

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 17:00:14 -0700

Jon Schlatter wrote:

> Is there a SQL Plus/PLSQL command to select a record based on row id? I have
> a table which has a single records with malformed data. The tables contains
> 140,000 records so it is difficult to review manually, but I know that
> record 63,873 has the bad data. How can I view/change just that record
> without knowing what specific data it contains.
>
> TIA
> Jon

You can as others have indicated ... but I am a bit concerned that your concept of rowid is not the Oracle concept of a rowid. If you are thinking that the rowid of a table relates to its physical position in a table ... or in a query result set ... it does not.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 02:00:14 CEST

Original text of this message