Re: Running Reports 6i from Web/Unix

From: Han Thomas <han_at_royal.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 11:48:02 +0700

On 3 Sep 2001 21:07:09 -0700, in comp.databases.oracle.tools you wrote:

>Anybody experiencing problems with losing lines when running unix
>generated reports. The lines and boxes appear fine in the designer
>and when it generated from the editor - just not when its called from
>the web.

Are you using PDF format? The default report format for web reports is HTML, wich displays all over the place except where you intended it, and all kinds of graphic stuff just goes missing.

In the jserv.properties, I added the following line:

  wrapper.env=FORMS60_REPFORMAT=PDF

You do need to install Acrobat reader on the client computer of course. The whole thing will then display inside another browser screen using the Acrobat plug-in.

Best regards,
Han. Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 06:48:02 CEST

Original text of this message