Re: Forms 6i: working directory being changed?

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: 3 Sep 2001 04:09:11 -0700

jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk (Jane Williams) wrote in message news:<b0c2b3e9.0108300143.39643ee8_at_posting.google.com>...

> Any suggestions? How can we stop the directory being changed, or set
> it back again?

Sorted.

It seems that the PLLS supplied with Forms 6i aren't just converted copies of the Forms 4.5 ones, they actually contain new functions. The Help that goes with them, however, doesn't mention this.

So if I find the copy of d2kwutil.pll that's hiding in the "extras" section of an installation disc and doesn't get installed by default, and the DLL that goes with it, I have a procedure called set_working_directory, which does exactly what it says on the packet.

Why they couldn't have this installed by default, and mentioned it the on-line Help instead of leaving the old version there, is a separate question, and one that will probably never be answered. Received on Mon Sep 03 2001 - 13:09:11 CEST

Original text of this message