Re: 9iAS... Forms Servlet... Some remarks, questions.

From: Sebastiano Pilla <etechweb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:10:35 +0200

Han <hantms_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> To use the new Forms Servlet in this patch, the Oracle/Apache web
> server is required, which comes with Oracle 9iAS which is an
> unbelievable load of bloatware which I really don't need. Try reading
> some of the Oracle notes & tips on how to get it to work; it's really
> funny at times.

I share your pain, unfortunately...

[Quoted] > 1. I'm going to install 9iAS, but JUST the HTTP server part of it. All
> the other crap may rot in my basement.

If you only need the HTTP server part, go to <http://httpd.apache.org> and download the latest 1.x version of Apache for the platform that you're running. Oracle HTTP Server is just an outdated version of Apache with some modules thrown in (such as JServ, Perl and mod_plsql, not sure if you need them as I don't know Forms 6i). Received on Sun Sep 02 2001 - 15:10:35 CEST

Original text of this message