Re: Oracle 8i

From: Mark Rittman <mark.rittman_at_orange.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:56:04 +0100

[Quoted] I had the 'shared memory realm not available' error occur on an existing Oracle installation the other day.

It was because of a typing error in the init.ora file, where somebody had manually entered an incorrect parameter in the file.

Oracle started up ok, but then gave me the 'shared memory realm' error.

Correcting the entry solved the problem.

"Vigi98" <vigi98_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:pUmj7.970$az2.234619_at_nnrp6.proxad.net...

> "trivial" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I have just installed Oracle 8 17. When I try to run sql plus I'm
getting
> > the error message: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available and: ORA-27101:
shared