Re: Releasing an Oracle PL/SQL Web Toolkit application under the GPL

From: Mark Rittman <mark.rittman_at_orange.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:43:50 +0100

[Quoted] Thanks Austin,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I took a look at Steve's site and noted that it is released as Open Source, [Quoted] [Quoted] but couldn't see if the license used was the GPL. From what I know about the [Quoted] author's political views, though, I imagine this would be the case!

[Quoted] [Quoted] Just as an aside, why did you say 'more's the pity' when mentionin the GPL? [Quoted] It seems a good way of putting some useful code into the public domain.

Thanks

Mark

"Austin Ziegler" <aziegler_at_the-wire.com> wrote in message news:Pine.GSU.4.05.10108311002280.18068-100000_at_psyche.the-wire.com...
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Mark Rittman wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've developed a discussion board application that runs on the Oracle
8.1.7.
> > Databaseand uses the Oracle PL/SQL toolkit and the Apache HTTP Server.
I've
> > had good feedback about it so far, and i'd like to release the
sourcecode
> > under the GPL.
> >
> > If you aren't aware of it, the GPL (more details at
> > http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html) basically allows redistribution of
the
> > code, changes to be made to it, and so on (i.e. the program is Open
Source),