sqlldr problem

From: Nick Taylor <ntwysiwyg_at_dataskill.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:09:20 GMT

Hi

I'm trying to use sqlldr to load a file where the first column contains a postcode in the format aaaabbb where aaaa may have some trailing spaces ie "N1 1AA" or N15 2BB"

I want to remove blanks to end up with N11AA or N152BB in my postcode column.

[Quoted] My solution was to specify the postcode as:

postcode POSITION(01:07) CHAR
  "RTRIM(SUBSTR(postcode,1,4)) || SUBSTR(postcode,5,7)",

And I get:
Record xxx: Rejected - Error on table ADDRESS, column POSTCODE. ORA-00984: column not allowed here

What am I doing wrong - Or is there an alternative way of stripping the spaces?

TIA Nick

--
Nick Taylor
Say No to Spammers - What You See Isn't What You Get to Email Me