Re: Humor in Oracle Docs on OTN/Metalink... :-)

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 05:33:05 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<toucnfoq3eg10_at_news.demon.nl>...

> If you would have advised to file the Oracle remark as a 'documentation bug'
> this would have been funny.
> However, as your second remark usually applies to users just hacking away to
> install the product, without ever reading any docs, it needs to be
> considered as hostile and insulting.
> If you think Oracle products are lacking in quality, call Support (or didn't
> you buy a support contract) or stick to sqlserver, postgres, or mysql, or
> any other toys, which are recommended in these groups more than once.

I think that there is no need to be so harsh to Mr. Thomas. Working with Oracle is like a long lasting marriage. Something between love and hate. :-)
Maybe all of us sometimes gave insulting words to some Oracle software (usually in the middle of the night in dark server room after few hours spend trying to make something work), although we know that Oracle is the best SW for our needs.
I usually said that in Oracle is sometimes difficult to setup features, which MS SQL doesn't have. :-)

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader