Re: Is this possible with SQL in SQL PLUS?

From: Lawrence Simela <lsimela_at_mahalini.prestel.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:59:51 +0100

Johan

Your description of your table is not very clear. Has your table got 124 fields? One for each temparature, the date for each and an indicator of whether its left or right?

In any case I think you data structure is not correct, you ned to normalise your table such that you have the fields

DATE                        Timestamp
POSITION                 Left or Right
TEMPARATURE        The temparature recoderd

This structure gives you the flexibility of extending the number of positions (Left & Right) without changing the table structure

OR
If there will never be a new position likeCentre or something like that then this structure is better and faster to manipulate

DATE
TEMPR
TEMPL Hope that helps
lawrence