Re: PL/SQL tables as parameters from html form via OAS

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:05:56 +0400

> I'm sending a form to a pl/sql procedure. The form is in the 'form'
> of a table and there are actually a number of records being sent. I
> have created the procedure within a package and the parameters
> expected by the procedure are pl/sql tables.
>
> Problem is, it doesn't seem to be working. Am I right in thinking
> that the html form/table is sending the parameters in such a way that
> they can be accepted by the procedure?

Well,

it's hard to tell right away what the problem may be without seeing both html form and pl/sql procedure specification. Actually, I think it is impossiblr to pass a record as single parameter from html form to pl/sql. What you can do though, is pass arrays (pl/sql tables). For example, consider this code:

type vc_array is table of varchar2(4000) index by binary_integer;

procedure form_action( a1 vc_array, a2 vc_array) is ....

In form, you can pass multiple values to these arrays (for example, from a <select type=multi name=a1>. You can also pass them url-encoded: form_action?a1=value1&a1=value2.... - mod_plsql will populate a1 array with all values that have a1 name.

regards,

    Bob. Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 16:05:56 CEST

Original text of this message