Re: Import with Overwrite?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:47:21 +0200

"Mike Morris" <morrisma_at_ei.dupont.com> wrote in message news:3b2c6993.0108291221.1acfe9fd_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I have two solaris systems running 8.1.6, one for development, one for
> beta/commercial release. I want to export from development and import
> into beta repeatedly so that I can deliver updates to beta users.
>
> Is there a way to completely overwrite all tables and rows?
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike Morris
> Roads go ever, ever on...

Destroy=y will create brandnew tablespace for you. But of course you could also simply issue drop user <username> cascade
before importing the full database export. You will soon find out this is a very cumbersome mechanism, and you might want to implement some form of version control.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 00:47:21 CEST

Original text of this message