Q: SQLLDR and select in .ctl -file

From: Major <lievonen_at_jyu.fi.HALOOOOOOOO>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:26:19 GMT

[Quoted] Problem is that I must make select in control file:

load data
infile 'rate2.txt'
append
into table rate_test
trailing nullcols
(security_id position (4:18)
"(SELECT SECURITY_ID FROM SECURITY_TEST WHERE AB_ID=:security_id)", rate_date position (20:29) date "yyyy-mm-dd", close position (120:137)
)

Firstest row go OK. But next rows have same "SECURITY_ID" values than firstest row,
so SQL query will not updated in every row (in source file field "security_id" is different,
and it will found from SECURITY_TEST -table).

Query will update after error,
so if I make bull shit rows after "valid" row, valid row will go to database OK.

[Quoted] I made tar to Metalink but they cannot help me.

Latest hope is that I replase "/n" with "/n bull shit row/n" but I have over ten million rows in
[Quoted] ten different files :-(

Could You help me?

Regads Major Received on Wed Aug 29 2001 - 12:26:19 CEST

Original text of this message