OID : How can i connect to OID with a ldap browser ????

From: Christophe VIVENT <cvivent_at_calendra.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2001 10:10:13 -0700

Hello,
I've just installed Oracle 9IAS with OC4J, Oracle 9I Database and Oracle Internet Directory Manager V3 on Sun Solaris 2.8 : All works !!! but i've a little problem : when i want to connect a ldap with LDAPBrowser (it's an example), i just give the IP of the server and the port (389). I click FETCH, and the "root" appears ! i click test, and it says it's ok ! When i want to do the same thing with OID it doesn't work : i give the IP, the port ... i FETCH ! ERROR ! I enter the root (example : "o=toto.com"), i FETCH : error ! I click test : it works ! All works, but the browser can't find the root alone, i have to give the root !!!

Thank's all !!
Bye Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 19:10:13 CEST

Original text of this message