ora-12154: problem from localhost???

From: Kankossa <kily_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2001 13:44:18 -0700

Hello,

[Quoted] Can someone telling what is the difference between typing:

"sqlplus system/manager_at_ORCL" on a localhost and from a client.

This maybe norm, but I need to understand:
- typing the above string from localhost of my database fails with
error:ora-12154, but when omitting "_at_ORCL" I can connect to the database.
- No problem when connected from any distant client.

is the "_at_ORACL", where ORCL is my ORACLE_SID do not be used on the localhost to connect?

Thanks Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 22:44:18 CEST

Original text of this message