Help with hierarchical tree

From: Tom Grenier <tom_at_sqlman.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 21:26:27 -0700

Hi,

I’m having a couple of problems trying to figure out how to implement a hierarchical tree.

First, if I place the sql in the DATA QUERY attribute of the tree item it does display the tree. However, if I move the exact same sql code to a RECORD GROUP, and then clear the DATA QUERY attribute of the item and populate the RECORD GROUP attribute with said created record group – it doesn’t error but I don’t get anything on the screen.

I’m using a pre-form trigger to populate the hierarchical tree (i.e. ftree.populate_tree('CONTROL.DB_TREE'); Do I need to do something else here to use the record group? Or any other suggestions?

Next problem, when I do use the DATA QUERY attribute and get a populated tree, when I click to expand a node I get the following error:

  • Start Error ------------------ Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Assertion failed!

Program D:\oramt\BIN\IFDBG60.exe
File: E:\f994w32\src\if\iff\ifztma.c
Line: 607

Expression: 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application – JIT must be enabled)

Abort Retry Ignore

----- End Error ---------------------

If I chose to ignore it expands the node. (And I don’t have Visual C++ installed and the E drive is my cdrom – which is empty) If I try a second time I get the same error – I ignore and then I get: FRM-41026: Field does not understand operation.

I’m running:
Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.8.0 (Production) Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

     With the Partitioning and Java options
     PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production
Oracle Toolkit Version 6.0.5.34.1 (Production) PL/SQL Version 8.0.6.0.0 (Production)
Oracle Procedure Builder V6.0.7.2.1 Build #228 - Production PL/SQL Editor (c) WinMain Software (www.winmain.com), v1.0 (Production) Oracle Query Builder 6.0.7.0.0 - Production Oracle Virtual Graphics System Version 6.0.5.34.0 (Production) Oracle Tools GUI Utilities Version 6.0.5.32.0 (Production)
Oracle Multimedia Version 6.0.5.34.0 (Production)
Oracle Tools Integration Version 6.0.5.32.0 (Production)
Oracle Tools Common Area Version 6.0.5.32.1
Oracle CORE Version 4.0.6.0.0 – Production

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, Tom Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 06:26:27 CEST

Original text of this message