Re: FORMS query problems. HELP ME

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:44:37 -0700

Guglielmo & Monica wrote:

> Hi to everybody.
> I have developed a form composed of 3 block multirecord that they work on a
> VIEW composed (in UNION) of 20 fields.
> My form to the departure effects a query and, in operation of the content of
> some fields, color the background of some fields.The same form to time
> effects a query that the final consumer you/he/she can define to his/her
> liking.
> My problem is the following: employ around 25 seconds to perform the query
> of around 300 records!!
> how do I let make faster my trial without impacts with the DB?
>
> Thanks in advance for your collaboration and excuse me for my English
>
> Guglielmo

The first question is "how long does it take to run on the server" through SQL*Plus.

If it is slow you have a database design or SQL issue. It it runs quickly you have a form design issue and while your users may wish to lynch you you will not impact the server.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 01:44:37 CEST

Original text of this message