Reports 6i with more than 1500 pages

From: Kay Kanekowski <kNOkanekowskiSPAM_at_NOmindSPAMcommerce.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:07:19 +0200

Hi ,

one of our customers has a problem with our reports. The selection for the report will produce more than 1500 pages with roundabout 50 MB printing data.
I've looked at the database, the query rans some minutes, makes a lot of db access in data and temp tablesspace, then nothing.

And the report works and works and works ... After some 10-20 minutes the first data will reach the printer and as i saw in the windows status for this printer, the data grows. But it grows in 10k steps at 2-3 seconds. After some printing, the printer shows an error because he couldn't get enough data and stopped.
The client is a 1000 mhz, 256mb pIV (no other program open) with a fibre-optic-network, the printers output is more than 20 pages per minute.

I test the same report with smaller data ( 150 pages, 6 mb data ), it takes 5 minutes in all. The time between the first and the last data reached the printer is one minute.

I don't know where the problem is.

tia
Kay Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 09:07:19 CEST

Original text of this message