Table Creation Question.

From: Praveen Mohan Mohanan <Praveen.Mohanan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:35:29 -0700

[Quoted] Hi..All,

[Quoted] [Quoted]    Say I have 2 different users in the same db. A & B

I can create a table by logging as A & create a table under B

i.e
- Login as A
CREATE table B.table_name
(
)

I have a procedure stored under user A. When it tries to access the table B.table_name , it gives me an error table or view not found. It works only if I give grant Insert & select on table B.table_name to A.

[Quoted] My question if I can create the table under some other user why can't I access the table in my SP. Where as I can do

desc B.table_name & get the results from user A

the table B.table_name is created dynamically by user A.

--

Regards,

Praveen Mohanan