Re: ORACLE on E420 + SorEdge A1000: How it can be installed??

From: Kankossa <kily_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 13:13:09 -0700

> 2) RAID 1+0 is best for safety/performance reasons but if you

> have only 10 disks and you need mirroring, RAID 5 might be
> acceptable too.

Thank you Knut, now I see things more clear. Only, note that I have in all 12*36 Go disks. 2*36 Go are internal disks in E420 and 10*36 Go are in A1000. Under this configuration and in relation of the importance of my future databases (databases destinated to ASP, ISP), if you are in my place, what you will choose RAID 1+0 or RAID 5 ?

This is my last question for you ;)

Thanks anyway. Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 22:13:09 CEST

Original text of this message