BLOB question

From: Asger Svane <asger.svane_at_mail.dk>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:37:47 +0200

Hi.
When I create a table with a blob column there is also created, in the same tablespace, a lobindex called SYS_IL0000667456C00003$$ with a max extent of 2.147.483.546. Is it possible to control this with a parameter (max extents)?

There is also created a lobsegment with parameters like the table. How do I controls the parameters of lobsegment?

Oracle8i Application Developer's Guide - Large Objects (LOBs)" cap. 3-9, describes a little about lobindex but nothing about lobsegment ? Where can I get more information about lobsegments and lobindex.

Any ideas,
Thank you,
Asger Svane Received on Wed Aug 15 2001 - 20:37:47 CEST

Original text of this message