Basic Security & form printing questions.

From: JCR <jrappa_at_hammer.net>
Date: 14 Aug 2001 06:20:57 -0700

[Quoted] Hi, I am not an Oracle Forms developer yet, just gathering info, but I have 2
probably simple questions for you forms experts out there that maybe you can help me with.

Lets say that this new application will have 10 users and I create a main menu with 5 categories. Can forms allow me to give 4 users read/viewable rights to, lets say 3 categories,instead of all 5 categories? Basically I just need to know if it offers some kind of security that I can create for each individual user.

The next question is if I create 10 forms that is supposed to
'retrieve' data, but I need to also have these 10 forms print out
'without' the data. Do I need to create 20 forms,or is 10 sufficient
and oracle would allow me to print the forms out either with or without data.

Thank you in advance Received on Tue Aug 14 2001 - 15:20:57 CEST

Original text of this message