Winsock Proxy client with Oracle products?

From: Roy <something_at_something.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:49:12 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] Om my Windows2000 workstation I installed the Oracle 8i client software. I [Quoted] had however problems connecting the database (TNS-12560 :protocol adapter error).
This problem was solved when I disabled the Winsock proxy client software (Metalink note 98483.1). However this means that I can't use my external mail-facility anymore.

Metalink and/or Microsoft don't supply me with any further information to solve this. So I hope that you can help me.

Thanks for any information
Roy Received on Mon Aug 13 2001 - 16:49:12 CEST

Original text of this message