Re: Oracle Management Server Problem

From: Marty Grinstead <marty_grinstead_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:33:08 -0000

Hi Rüdiger,

The OMS is responsible for notifications, but it's the agent that actually triggers the event. If you see a red flag, and the event shows in the Alert tab, then you do have a problem with e-mail notification. Make sure the event was created with the Notify option selected.

If you do NOT see an alert in the console, then you might have autoextend enabled for one of the datafiles in this tablespace, and the agent is skipping this TS.

Hope this helps,
Marty