PRE-COMMIT and "RAISE Form_Trigger_Faiure"

From: John <john_millhouse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 19:07:41 GMT

Hi all,

I am using Oracle Dev2k formsbuilder version 5.0.6.8.0

I currently have two forms, both with a pre commit trigger, both use "RAISE Form_Trigger_failure" when encountering an error.

One form will halt all trigger code and return to the form, this is the behavior I expect.
The other form continues merrily along after the error.

[Quoted] I have stripped down the pre-commit trigger of the non working form to one line...
RAISE Form_Trigger_failure;

I have a button which the PL/SQL block looks like this... COMMIT_FORM;
BELL; I would expect to never get to the BELL statement when pressing the button, but I do.

Is there some item, block, or form property I am overlooking here?

Any help is much appreciated
John Received on Thu Aug 09 2001 - 21:07:41 CEST

Original text of this message