Re: Object Library Vs. Property Classes Opinions?

From: Richard Senior <richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk>
Date: 9 Aug 2001 08:36:15 GMT

In article <3acf3c8.0108081005.31461937_at_posting.google.com>,

        nickymartin22_at_hotmail.com (nick) writes:
> I've recently been running into some trouble using object libraries.
> In particular I've been having trouble overwritting existing objects
> in the library after I've made changes!! I'm sure others have had
> similiar problems working with Object Libraries and I would like to
> know how you avoid this nasty problem. I'm considering using Property
> Classes instead of object libraries for my subclassing needs,
> eventhough I understand it to be included to support older forms.

I've tried object libraries but, like you, found it difficult to edit the objects within them. I tend to stick with a reference form with objects (including property classes and visual attributes) bundled into an object group. I then subclass the whole group into a template form and create new forms with File -> New -> Form from Template.

--
Regards,

Richard Senior
Mill Dam Consulting Ltd, London