Re: Testing DATE is correct with Oracle Loader

From: Ram Lakshminarayanan <raml_at_india.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 10:33:22 +0530

Please specify the bad file name while you do the Load (in your command line)

During the load process records with errors will be thrown into the bad file which can then be manipulated using string processing utilities such as awk/sed or any compilers/interpreters of your choice, data corrected as appropriate and then loaded back into the table.

The error numbers and record number will be in the load log file and data would be in the bad file. You can merge/link them to identify errors and then correct them.

cheers
- Ram