Re: how to hide forms menu?

From: Michael <wucf_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2001 17:05:29 -0700

richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk (Richard Senior) wrote in message news:<9k4maa$krn$1_at_gate.local>...
> In article <3B654E98.25F16A43_at_mail.uni-mainz.de>,
> Stefan Röhle <roehle_at_mail.uni-mainz.de> writes:
> > I am developing with Form Builder and I'd like to hide the standard
> > icons that are shown under the standard forms menu bar (when running the
> > .fmx file).
> > How can this be done?
> > Can you even run a form in some kind of "kiosk" mode (without the menu
> > bar)?
>
> The default menu and 'Smartbar' icons can be replaced with any menu that
> you choose, or with nothing if you prefer ...
>
> Open the form in Form Builder and look at the properties of the Form
> module (i.e. select the appropriate form node in the object navigator and
> press F4). Look for the Menu Module property; you should see
> DEFAULT&SMARTBAR. If you make this blank (and regenerate the .fmx file),
> both the menu and Smartbar will disappear from the form at runtime.
> Alternatively, try setting it to DEFAULT, to have the menu but no
> Smartbar.
>
> You can create your own menus in Form Builder using the Menu Builder tool
> and these can be attached to a form using the Menu Module property
> described above.

You can use enable or disable a menu item function in pre-form or when-new-form instance trigger, like
disable_item('menu_name','menu_item_name'), You can find this function from menu module if you have the demo on your pc. Hope this will help.

mike wu Received on Wed Aug 08 2001 - 02:05:29 CEST

Original text of this message