Re: Master/Detail Form uses tabs instead of tabular?

From: Matt B. <gtimatt_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 13:49:13 GMT

"Ramon F Herrera" <ramon_at_conexus.net> wrote in message news:c9bc36ff.0108060236.44048a40_at_posting.google.com...
> I am designing my first form. I'd like to have a master-detail form
> but there is an important difference from textbook examples:
> the detail data block should use tabs instead of tabular style.
>
> This is because the detail records are very few but _variable_
> (1 to 8 tabs). The critical part here is that the number of tabs
> is not known in advance; only when the user executes the query,
> the form will find out how many tabs are needed.
>
> In the textbook examples, the Layout Wizard gives you 2 radio
> button options. You select "Form" for the master data block and
> "Tabular" for the detail data block. What I would need is a 3rd.
> option: "Tabbed", to be used by the detail data block.
>
> Do I need a trigger or something to generate the tabs at run time?
> How do I create these tabs dynamically? Do I have to use tabbed
> canvases or there are other ways to use tabs? Perhaps I should have
> a set of invisible tabs which become selectively visible at run time?
>
> Thanks for your kind assistance,
>
> -Ramon F. Herrera

Create your blocks, don't worry too much about the style of them right now. Just worry about each block, what's in them, and how they relate to each other.

Then, create your tab canvas and the tab pages. You can't create pages at runtime dynamically, so create all of them that you'll need. Then at runtime, disable or enable them as needed.

-Matt Received on Mon Aug 06 2001 - 15:49:13 CEST

Original text of this message