Help! - Transfer tables from Oracle into Postgresql

From: Andreas Stellmach <andreasst_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 16:18:36 -0600

Info:
Oracle 8i (8.1.7) on Linux RedHat 6.2
[Quoted] PostgreSQL 7.1 build with UNICODES support on Linux RedHat 6.2

Oracle ODBC driver version 8.01.73.00
Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle version 2.573.7326.00 Postgres SQL ODBC+ driver version 1.0
MS MDAC 2.6

I need to transfer 170 tables (ca. 8GB) from Oracle 8i into PostgreSQL. I try use the latest version of "pgAdmin", but I get a message from from Oracle, "default username feature not supported" (ORA-01004). I try a different ODBC drivers, but it didn't help. I did try the newest Microsoft DTS utility, and I can connect to Oracle and can create the tables in PostgreSQL, but it can't insert the data from Oracle.
I know, that I could export the tables from Oracle in SQL scripts (f.e. using TODD), modify them and insert into PG using psql, but it's a lot of work and I hope it's easier solution for it.

Any advice welcome.

Thank you,
A.S. Received on Mon Aug 06 2001 - 00:18:36 CEST

Original text of this message