Re: USERs in ORACLE

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 02:18:44 GMT

Amin,

[Quoted] You indicate you are relatively new to administering Oracle, even though you [Quoted] have active Oracle experience. I Suggest you look at some good books about that - technet.oracle.com gives access to the admin manuals and I always recommend the OReilly "Oracle Essentials" book to get a person quickly familiar with DBA related concepts and internals.

Aside from that, you are prompted for almost all passwords during installation. The basic exceptions are SYS (Change_On_Install) and SYSTEM (Manager) - both of which are shown on an install screen with a strong recommendation to change them.

/Hans